More information on special education is available on the district's special education web page.
State and federal laws require that all school districts provide special education programs and services to resident school-age children with disabilities. Burnsville-Eagan-Savage Independent School District provides a full continuum of special education services to students with disabilities. To access these services the following process is used:
- A referral is made by teacher or parent.
- Pre-referral intervention strategies are designed and conducted.
- An evaluation is conducted to determine eligibility and educational need.
- An Individual Educational Plan (IEP), Individual Interagency Intervention Plan (IIIP), or Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) is developed.
- Services to meet a student's special education needs are delivered.
- Plan goal progress is monitored and reported.
The Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District is a member of Intermediate School District 917. Services for students, including those who are visually impaired and deaf/hard of hearing, may receive these services at a District 191 school or at a focus program.
A Special Education Supervisor will contact District 917 to request their services.